Your Members of Congress are home.
Take this time to schedule meetings and ask them to SUPPORT these three pieces of legislation:
Schedule meetings by calling the U.S. House of Representatives at 202-225-3121, and the U.S. Senate at 202-224-3121. Simply provide the operator with the name of your representative, and they will connect you to the proper office. Learn more about preparing for a successful meeting here.
• Allow for funding to train law enforcement to identify and report hate crimes
• Provide grants for states to create hate crime reporting hotlines
• Incentivize an increase in hate crime reporting among state and local jurisdictions, and
• Authorize courts to require those convicted of hate crimes to participate in community service or educational programs.
Issue Brief: Improving the Federal, State and Local Response to Hate Crime: Counteracting Threats to our Communities
To access our comprehensive report and interactive map on hate crime data collection and reporting, click here.
The National Origin-Based Antidiscrimination for Nonimmigrants Act
S.1123/ H.R.2214 will...
• End the Muslim, Refugee and Asylum Bans,
• Outlaw discrimination in the entry of immigrants or nonimmigrants based on religion, and
• Limit presidential authority to suspend or restrict the entry of non-citizens.
For more on the NO BAN Act, click here.
H.R. 2407 will...
- Amend Leahy's Law to prohibit U.S. funds from being used to support the military detention, interrogation, abuse, or ill-treatment of children
- Provide funds to monitor human rights abuses of, and provide treatment for, Palestinian child victims of military detention and torture.
Want to learn more about the #PalestineIs campaign, or join our efforts to raise the issue of Palestinian human rights in 2020? Learn more, access resources and take action at palestineis.org