Posted by Arab American Institute on January 27, 2017 in Blog
- 41% of Americans, including 52% of Democrats and 44% of Independents, believe we should proceed with the plan to resettle Syrian refugees.
- 59% of Democrats and a plurality of Republicans and Independents believe that undocumented immigrants, with no criminal record currently living and working in the United States should have a path to legal status.
- Over half (52%) of Americans oppose a ban on immigrants and travelers who are Muslim.
- A majority (51%) of Americans do not believe compromising or limiting the rights of American citizens is necessary for national security.
- Three out of five Americans reported they were somewhat or very concerned about the surveillance and collection of their personal data, including social media, by the U.S. government.
Zogby Analytics was commissioned by the Arab American Institute to conduct an online survey of 1005 adults in the US. Based on a confidence interval of 95%, the margin of error for 1005 is +/- 3.1 percentage points.