If you are interested in a paid internship, find our how to apply here.
If you are interested in a career in public service, click here to find opportunities.
Opportunities at AAI:
Reports to: Executive Director
Position Summary: The Field Organizer leads the Arab American Institute’s community relations work. The Field Organizer is responsible for developing and maintaining institutional relationships with community members across the country, partnerships with community-based organizations, leading #YallaVote, an integrated voter engagement program, and assists with major programmatic initiatives. They will help develop and execute a community engagement field plan and lead our efforts to recruit, train and manage volunteers. This person should have experience working with diverse constituencies and good communication skills.
- Manage and build upon relationships with key contacts and AAI’s National Policy Council members;
- Coordinate voter registration and GOTV efforts including phone banking and events such as town halls and rallies;
- Lead AAI efforts for community turnout at national and local events when needed;
- Identify, recruit and manage volunteers to help with various AAIF/F events and campaigns;
- With message guidance from the Communications Director, create all community contact scripts and talking points;
- Stay tuned in to community news on the ground and various state calendars;
- Facilitate content distribution across AAI’s key states;
- Create and monitor reporting process for maintaining AAI’s community relations and developing new networks;
- With the Executive Director, establish community organization outreach plans;
- Manage State Table Coalitions throughout the year;
- Conduct nonpartisan Voter Engagement phone banks throughout the year;
- Attend State Voices tables in states where required;
- Help manage data collection and infrastructure in Nation Builder.
- Contribute to AAI blog content on a weekly basis.
- Have a minimum of two cycles of field experience, including one cycle of staff management;
- Have a passion for organizing, engagement, and community relations;
- Possess excellent personal, verbal and written communication skills;
- Be able to successfully coach and manage volunteers;
- Ability to meet tight deadlines;
- Have experience meeting goals and the ability to manage many tasks simultaneously;
- Be proficient with Microsoft Excel, Google Spreadsheets, and NationBuilder preferred;
- Knowledge of VAN and National Builder is strongly preferred;
- Ties to the Arab American community are preferred but not required;
- Ability to adapt rapidly to evolving priorities and manage several tasks simultaneously;
- Candidates must be self-motivated and detail-oriented.
To apply send a cover letter, resume, and brief writing sample to Careers@aaiusa.org with “Application: Field Organizer” in the subject line.
AAI is a non-profit, nonpartisan national leadership organization dedicated to nurturing and encouraging the direct participation of Arab Americans in political and civic life in the United States.