FIELD ORGANIZER, YALLA VOTE
Positions: Field Organizer, Yalla Vote, in CALIFORNIA
About Yalla Vote: Launched in 1998, Yalla Vote is the foundation of our non-partisan integrated voter engagement campaign. With high concentrations of Arab Americans living in some of the largest and most politically contested states, we know our community can make a difference on issues that matter to all Americans. Beyond just election year organizing, Yalla Vote is our vehicle to make the Arab American community’s voice heard nationally and locally.
Job Description: With administrative and programmatic support from AAI's national staff in Washington, D.C., the Field Organizer will work on multiple fronts to execute an effective Yalla Vote voter registration program in their state. This stipend-based ($1,000/month), part-time position will be based out of southern California and is a limited duration assignment with a targeted start date of August 20th and end date of November 6. We expect to fill this position with an experienced, highly capable Field Organizer able to meet the following responsibilities:
- Register new voters;
- Recruit YallaVote interns on college campuses;
- Execute YallaVote events on multiple college campuses;
- Execute YallaVote events in the community (voter registration, phone banks, canvasses, information tables, meet & greets, etc.);
- Facilitate data management internally and data collected from volunteers;
- Engage with the Arab American community to promote YallaVote and AAI;
- Attend community events to promote YallaVote and AAI;
- Develop relationships with key political players and opinion leaders, allied organizations and coalitions to promote YallaVote and AAI and to register voters;
- Build a volunteer network to ensure the YallaVote program’s sustainability beyond the General Election;
- Collect "Commit to Vote" cards from Arab American community members;
- Participate in weekly check-in calls with DC Staff and weekly all-Field Staffcalls;
- Fill out weekly reports to track progress on volunteer recruitment;
- Other duties as assigned.
- Experience with community organizing and electoral campaigns encouraged;
- Strong time-management skills and work ethic;
- Ability to motivate interns and volunteers to reach goals;
- Strong verbal, written, and interpersonal communication skills;
- Ability to spend long hours on the phone and canvassing and willingness to work irregular hours;
- Ability to adapt quickly and accomplish goals as set forth by AAI;
- Results-oriented, dependable, and proactive;
- Working knowledge of local politics and strong relationships with local community leaders preferred;
- Demonstrated ability to work independently and in collaboration with others;
- Flexible, good sense of humor, creative, self-starter.
Please send a resume, cover letter, and three references to Haley Arata at email@example.com. Applications accepted on a rolling basis.
If you are interested in a paid internship, find our how to apply here.
If you are interested in a career in public service, click here to find opportunities.